Monday, November 1, 2010



Sweet sour pork (Tang su yook)








Hi! I’m Dohyup’s wife. We’ve been together for seven months. We are a happy couple yeah!
He asked me posting on his blog so, I prepared “Tang su yook” which is famous delivery food in Korea with Ja jang myon (noodle with black soybean sauce). They are like Chinese food but we can’t find these dishes in Chinese restaurants so, I have to say they are Korean-Chinese food. Actually, Tang su yook is similar to sweet sour pork. However, the flavor is totally different to me. Anyway, when we feel hungry or have anything special menu for a meal in Korea, we simply make a call for ordering Ja jang myon with Tang su yook. Then, it takes only 15 min to get food. So fast!! However, it’s impossible here to have that food with an easy call. (There are several Korean-Chinese food restaurants in Vegas but not hereL) Therefore, I made “Tang su yook” last Saturday for my husband and myself who was desperately missing Korea.

Before starting recipe of Tang su yook, I need to sorry for my bad English!! Sorry~~ I’ve been here for only 7 months, and I’m still struggling with English. T-T


Ingredients:


*Fried pork
24 oz pork (I used boneless pork rib), 2cup corn starch, 2cup water, 1 egg, vegetable oil for frying

*Sauce
1 onion, 1/2~1 carrot, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 can of pineapples, 1 orange, 2 cup water, 2 Tbsp vinegar, 10 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp ketchup, 1 Tbsp corn starch and 1 Tbsp water mixed, 1/2 tsp salt






Mix 2 cup corn starch and 2 cup water, stir well, and let sit for 1-2 hours.


Cut pork into thin strips like a finger shape and add little salt and pepper and mixed well.

After the corn starch and water are separated, carefully drain water.

Heat oil in a large pot to fry. Don't fill more than a half way.

Put meat and one egg in a corn starch batter, mix well with hands.


Once you are done consistently coating the meat with batter, deep-fry it in oil until golden.


If you like crispy thing, I recommend to fry the pork twice before serving it.





Now we will make sweet sour sauce!



Cut all ingredients like the picture above. Size doesn’t matter but don’t cut carrots too thick.
Boil water in a wide pan and add ingredients you cut and put sugar, vinegar, ketchup and salt.


After 15 minutes, turn off the fire and put the corn starch and water mixed into the pan and mixed well. Then it will be thick sauce.

When everybody’s ready for having a meal, pour the sauce onto fried pork and enjoy it!





















































2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this for dinner tonight, my wife and i are craving something new! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 고마워요!!! 아주 맛있는 것 만든지 가르치셔서요. 탕수육은 가장 촣아하는 분식 중 하나요! 곧 슈퍼에 가서 제륙을 사려고요:)

    ReplyDelete